Metro Suspected Cultist Attack 7 Churches, Shoot worshippers in Anambra

A

abujagirl

images

According to Sun News, suspected cultists went on rampage in the early hours yesterday at Oba-Ofemmili community in Awka-North Local Government Area of Anambra State, razing churches and attacking worshippers.

Some of the churches burnt include Assemblies of God Church, Grace of God Church, Deeper Life Bible Church, Winners Church, Christ Holy Church, St. Paul’s Catholic Church and another Pentecostal church.

The suspected cultists, according to the victims, attacked the worshippers with dangerous weapons, shooting sporadically and wounding several people. A two-year old baby was among the victims.

Narrating the cause of the fracas, Mr Sunday Aliuba, a victim of the incident said ,“How it happened was that Oba-Ofemili and the Christians had an agreement that the night masquerades will not start by 9pm, and we were having our programmes according to the rules. But on Monday night, I was at the crusade when we heard that the pagans will burn down all the churches. Around 11pm, they started shooting sporadically into the air, causing everybody to shiver. Around 1.00am on Tuesday, they stormed the church, and razed down the parish priest’s house and pursued everybody in the church. We hid under the staircase and under the pews”.

“In self-defence, we pounced on some of them. As it got hotter, my colleagues ran away. I also ran but they pursued me and shot me in the legs, shattering my ankles and bones. They also inflicted machete wounds on me. The blood that came out of my body can fill two buckets. It is only God that is sustaining my life till now”.

The police is yet to issue any statement on the incident.

Back