Politics Suspended Nasarawa Deputy Governor Maintains Stand, Says APC’s Decision is Harsh on Nigerians

L

LequteMan

The Nasarawa State Deputy Governor, Damishi Barau has dared his party, the All Progressives Congress, APC, saying he stands on his earlier position criticising the party’s stance.

Earlier he had criticised the APC when the party asked its federal lawmakers to frustrate executive bills until the political crisis in Rivers State is resolved.

He was subsequently suspended by the APC, in an announcement by its Nasarawa State chairman, Stanley Buba.

Returning from the United States in the early hours of Sunday and refusing to make comments on his suspension, he said he has a right like any other Nigerian to voice his opinion.

“I made a statement as a Nigerian not as deputy governor. We should be able to differentiate between party interest and National interest because it is not all Nigerians that belong to political parties," he said adding that the APC should have considered the plight of those who are not politicians before taking such position.

“It is not fair to stop governance to solve political issues, this is my position. I want to stand by it and insist on it as a Nigerian,” he said.

According to Premium Times, he is allegedly making moves to dump the APC for the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

apc (2).jpg

Back