Politics Taraba Governor 'Danbaba Suntai' Finally Speaks, Thanks Nigerians for Prayers

A

abujagirl

images

Taraba State Governor, Danbaba Suntai has thanked Nigerians for their steadfastness in collective and individual prayers, which made it possible for him and his three aides to survive the October 25, 2012 plane crash.

According to The Guardian, Suntai gave the vote of thanks while hosting a group of sacked commissioners and advisers in his residence in the Government House.

Optimistic that the ongoing impasse in the state would soon end, Suntai expressed the need for all, irrespective of religion, political party or ethnic differences, to embrace peace in order to take the state to the heights.

One of the former commissioners, Rebo Usman, told The Guardian that they visited to ascertain the governor’s true state of health, wondered why “they said he cannot talk and cannot even recognize things.” He noted: “With what we saw today, I think such persons are not fair to him at all.

“Governor Suntai I saw with my naked eyes today is fit to perform his official responsibilities. As you have seen, he did not only call us by our names, he also went as far as cracking jokes with us. So tell me what else they needed from him before they would allow him to start discharging his assigned constitutional responsibilities?”

Back