Politics Taraba Lawmakers Declare Ailing Governor “Danbaba Suntai” Unfit to Resume

A

abujagirl

images

On Thursday morning, 16 out of the 24 members of the Taraba State House of Assembly have signed a document baring ailing state governor, Danbaba Suntai, from resuming work, because of his feeble state.

The lawmakers decision, followed a prolonged meeting with the governor last night, during which, they came to grips with the true state of his health.

Osun Dfenders claim that during the meeting with the governor, he could not recognise the Speaker or call him by his name.

Suntai was said to be muttering “oh, my friend… my friend… my friend” and faded off again.

The legislators are said to be angry about the allegedly stage-managed video of Suntai’s purported broadcast to the people of the state yesterday.

In a statement released to journalists, the 16 lawmakers insisted that Suntai was unfit to resume and that they doubted the author of the letter, which was sent to the House of Assembly on Monday.

Based on their assessment of Suntai, the lawmakers authorised Garba Umar, his deputy, who has been acting as the governor of the state in the last ten months, to continue to hold fort until Suntai was fit to steer the ship of state.

Back