Politics Tension in Nigerian Senate Over Plans to Suspend Anti-Saraki Senators [PUNCH]

L

LequteMan

There was tension in the Nigerian senate yesterday following calls for the suspension of Senator Kabir Marafa, over an interview he granted declaring his support for former President Olusegun Obasanjo over the issues he raised in his recent letter to both chambers of the National Assembly.

“Senator Kabiru Marafa granted an interview misleading the public telling lies against this institution (Senate). I think I have been called more than 500 times from my constituency in respect of this publication," Bauchi's Senator Issa Missau said.

“,,,Mr. President (Senate President Olusola Saraki), I think the leadership has to do something about this, the Senate should do something about this. We cannot allow one person to continue to tell lies against the Senate, misleading the public.

“I think it is better we take a decision so that we correct things, not only Marafa, anybody here would not be allowed to be misleading the public. I think it is not okay Mr. President.”

Senator Matthew Urhoghide from Edo South, seconded the motion moved by Missau and called for sanctions against the Zamfara Central senator.

Senate President Bukola Saraki referred the matter to the Senate Committee on Ethics, Privileges and Public Petitions to investigate and report back next week Tuesday.

PUNCH

Attachments

• bukola saraki senate president.jpg
    bukola saraki senate president.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 23
Back