Politics Terrorism cannot Stop 2015 Elections - President Jonathan

A

abujagirl

On Sunday, President Goodluck Jonathan assured Nigerians that despite the challenges of terrorism the 2015 elections will be free, fair and credible.

The President gave the assurance at the 2014 Democracy Day Inter-denominational Church Service in Abuja.

He said the state of insecurity in the country, which was spearheaded by the Islamic sect, Boko Haram, was meant to bring down his government.

"I can assure you that the next Democracy Day will witness a new government. I remember when I was in my village this morning to collect my permanent voter's card, a journalist asked me whether there will be elections in Nigeria, and I told him there would be elections in this country.

"This country will continue to move forward in spite of some of the setbacks we are witnessing,’’ the President said.

Jonathan said Nigeria would overcome every dark forces facing it, in spite of forces of development as well as forces of retrogression operating in the country.

He thanked all the religious faiths for their prayers for the administration and the country at large, saying this had kept the nation together.

"Without your prayers, it would have been worse. With your prayers, our girls will be seen by our security men. All these distractions were planned to bring this government down. Since they failed, terror will also fail.

"Forces of darkness will never prevail over light. I call on all Nigerians to continue to pray and, with God on our side, we shall overcome,’’ Jonathan said.

President Jonathan also thanked God for the 15 straight years of democracy in the country, saying it is the best form of government.

He said his administration's Transformation Agenda was not a mere campaign promise, but had yielded visible dividends and positive developments in every sector in the past three years.

The President listed some of the benefiting sectors to include rail, roads, airports, agriculture, petroleum, power, industry and housing.

The service was attended by the First Lady, Patience Jonathan, the President's mother, Madam Eunice, Deputy Senate President, Ike Ekweremadu, and Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives, Emeka Ihedioha.

Others in attendance were the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Sen. Anyim Pius Anyim, cabinet ministers, members of the diplomatic corps, service chiefs and presidential aides.

gej in church (640x320).jpg

#goodluckjonathan #2015election #ayimpiusayim #ekweremadu #ihedioha

Back