Politics The Favor I Granted Buhari Before he Became President - Gov. Dickson

L

LequteMan

Nigeria - Governor Seriake Dickson of Bayelsa state, on Monday spoke of the favor he granted to President Muhammadu Buhari before he won the 2015 elections.

Addressing a press conference in Yenagoa, capital of the state, Dickson said he ensured that Buhari was secure during his visit to Bayelsa as the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC).

“President Buhari, when he came to campaign as CPC candidate, was stoned,” he said. “But I granted state stadium to president Buhari, and made adequate security for his safety when he came to campaign again, because I knew that these people could harm him or people in his entourage and I didn’t want that to happen.”

Incidentally, Timipre Sylva, Dickson’s rival and candidate of the APC in the state governorship election, was the governor of Bayelsa at the time.

“In my own community, we had APC people who wanted to open an office, I told the commissioner of police to protect them, they must hang that flag – it’s their right. Nobody was assaulted," he added.

Attachments

• seriake dickson.jpg
    seriake dickson.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Back