Politics There are PDP governors who did better than Fashola - Olisa Metuh

Paul

Olisa-Metuh-360x225.jpg

The Peoples’ Democratic Party has said that governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State is no longer the best governor in Nigeria, with claims that there are other PDP governors who have performed better than he did.

According to Punch Newspaper, The PDP Publicity Secretary, Mr. Olisa Metuh, said, “I disagree with the view that Fashola is the best governor in Nigeria. There are PDP governors who did better than Fashola in terms of delivering dividends of democracy to their people. Have you been to Akwa Ibom, Jigawa, Cross Rivers and some other states that are being ruled by PDP governors?”

In the interview with journalists in Abuja, Mr. Metuh said, “The seven governors that said they had left the PDP are all great achievers. They have done well in their respective states and we are proud of them.

“The only grievance we have against them is that if they express the same commitment with which they transformed their states to the PDP, our party would have been greater.

“How can you say Fashola has performed better than our governors? I think the problem is that we don’t go to the media to shout. You need to visit those states and see the kind of development I am talking about.”

He however, maintained that Tukur would not be removed as a pre-condition for reconciling with its aggrieved members and that members of the party seeking for the chairman’s removal as a precondition for reconciliation without recourse to due process was not only undemocratic but unfair.

The Peoples’ Democratic Party has said that governor Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State is no longer the best governor in Nigeria, with claims that there are other PDP governors who have performed better than he did.

According to Punch Newspaper, The PDP Publicity Secretary, Mr. Olisa Metuh, said, “I disagree with the view that Fashola is the best governor in Nigeria. There are PDP governors who did better than Fashola in terms of delivering dividends of democracy to their people. Have you been to Akwa Ibom, Jigawa, Cross Rivers and some other states that are being ruled by PDP governors?”

In the interview with journalists in Abuja, Mr. Metuh said, “The seven governors that said they had left the PDP are all great achievers. They have done well in their respective states and we are proud of them.

“The only grievance we have against them is that if they express the same commitment with which they transformed their states to the PDP, our party would have been greater.

“How can you say Fashola has performed better than our governors? I think the problem is that we don’t go to the media to shout. You need to visit those states and see the kind of development I am talking about.”

He however, maintained that Tukur would not be removed as a pre-condition for reconciling with its aggrieved members and that members of the party seeking for the chairman’s removal as a precondition for reconciliation without recourse to due process was not only undemocratic but unfair.

Back