Sports There is nothing special in Mikel - Sofoluwe

Former Super Eagles defender Yisa Sofoluwe has lashed out on John Obi Mikel,saying that the Chelsea midfielder is not a special player.

Mikel has been at the receiving end of Nigeria's abysmal outing in their last two 2015 Nations Cup qualifiers against Congo and South Africa.

The Super Eagles currently trail in third position in group A,behind Congo and South Africa who are the top two countries.

But Mikel's performances in those two games has been under the microscope,with many championing the call to have him dropped from the national team.

“Even though I do not want to single out any player or talk about Mikel, I still feel that Mikel is not s special player. This is a national team, where all the players are supposed to have equal opportunity, so I do not know why one player is seen to be special” Sofoluwe told Saturday Vanguard Sports.

Just last week,former Super Eagles coach Samson Siasia noted that nobody can talk to Mikel as he would hardly take any advice,which in return has made his game to suffer.

Mikel2.gif

Back