Politics Third Term Drama: Killers Were Sent After Me - Ogbeh

Sandra Chiefe

Chief Audu Ogbeh, the former Chairman of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) has disclosed to pressmen of the repeated attempts to his life during his staunch opposition of Obasanjo’s proposed Third Term Tenure in 2005.

He said the repeated assassination attempts were organised by a “big shot” in the party and that they wanted to murder him and throw his body in a location that would not be discovered. He also disclosed that the killers that came looking for him were disguised in Police uniforms and drove in unmarked cars.

“They tried to kill me unsuccessfully twice. I was to be kidnapped and assassinated on August 11, 2005. They came at 6pm and 11pm and I was not around“, the former Chairman said.

Currently a member of the All Progressive Congress (APC), the Sunday Trust details that Chief Ogbeh recounted that during his stint as Chairman of PDP, Obasanjo had organised a mafia than enabled too many men to be too powerful to be challenged or questioned in the party, including the former President himself.
pdp.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back