Politics Tinubu Allegedly Pays Ekiti Lawmakers N800 Million to Impeach Fayose

Vunderkind

Social Member
On Wednesday, the Ekiti Democratic Coalition, EDC alleged that 15 APC members had bribed key people with N800 million to impeach the state governor, Ayodele Fayose.

In a statement signed by the coordinator, Comrade Aderemi Olaleye, the group said Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu and former governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti state met with the lawmakers in Ekiti in Lagos on Tuesday. The group said Tinubu gave the order for Fayose's impeachment during the meeting.

The statement also said each lawmaker was paid N50 million, while the speaker, Dr. Adewale Omirin was given N100 million.

It claimed that each of the lawmakers got N50 million, while the Speaker, Dr. Adewale Omirin, was given N100 million.
“The lawmakers will be hinging the impeachment on the dissolution of Local Councils Caretaker Committee.

“Apart from the Speaker, some of the lawmakers who attended the meeting were the Deputy Speaker, Adetunji Orisalade (Ido/Osi II); Majority Leader, Churchill Adedipe (Irepodun/Ifelodun I); Adetunji Odu ((Irepodun/Ifelodun I); and Ogunrinde Ojo-Olaseinde (Moba I).

“Tinubu instructed the Assembly members to make sure that Ekiti State is made ungovernable for Governor Fayose.”

Ex-Governor Fayemi is yet to respond to this.

We also read that Tinubu is unavailable for comments as his mobile phone is switched off.
Tinubu-600x330.jpg

Back