Politics Tinubu, Atiku to Pull out of APC, Join Forces for 2019 - Daily Trust

L

LequteMan

There are indications that Nigeria's ex Vice President Abubakar Atiku and APC bigwig Bola Tinubu might quit the party and join forces for 2019, a report from Daily Trust is saying.

This follows the feud between Tinubu and APC National Chairman John Oyegun. It's reported that both men were slighted by other party bigwigs in the events leading to Yahaya Bello emerging governor of Kogi state.

The events of the recent Ondo governorship primary widened the crack between Tinubu and other party chiefs, the report said, as the delegate list was manipulated with Tinubu losing out. Furthermore, Odigie-Oyegun sent a name to INEC as the party's candidate despite an appeal committee nullifying the primary result.

This infuriated Tinubu, with Atiku drumming support for him. "You cannot break your own rules without creating problems," he said. Both men are now forming an alliance, it's said.

“Tinubu is having a serious realignment with Atiku on the possibility of pulling out with their teeming supporters if President Muhammadu Buhari continues to look the other way," a source reportedly said.

“I can tell you that there is an ongoing political alliance between them. If they (Tinubu and Atiku) cannot remain relevant in the APC, they are likely to come up with a new political party unless the current situation is brought under control.”

The source said Atiku himself is nursing an injury inflicted on him by the party’s hierarchy. “Atiku himself is aggrieved. He had wanted to become the chairman of the BoT of the party, but that was scuttled. He is, therefore, cashing in on the current crisis to realign with Tinubu.”

The alliance between Tinubu and Atiku may well be yielding results as 12 APC governors are said to have indicated their readiness to go with them.

Attachments

• tinubu atiku.jpg
    tinubu atiku.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 19
Tinubu should be very careful or he will have himself to blame in future, he should not forget in a hurry that Nigerian knows his records. He shouldn't forget in a hurry that PMB is a non nonsense man. The earlier he realized the better for him.

Unfortunately if this happens, PMB will be a one term president and change will sweep him away in 2019. They need to sort this out.

Tinubu should be very careful or he will have himself to blame in future, he should not forget in a hurry that Nigerian knows his records. He shouldn't forget in a hurry that PMB is a non nonsense man. The earlier he realized the better for him.

I don't think i will blame anyone who decides to leave the ruling APC because the President and his trusted allies(CABALS) has hijacked the soul of the party making it incondusive for the other party members especially those that gave their all for the APC to emerge victorious in 2015.
The First lady has said it all in her interview with the BBC and we heard the Mr President reply......
God save Nigeria

So it is on then? Are you speaking from the office of 'you know who' or as an impartial, on partisan observer :)

I don't think i will blame anyone who decides to leave the ruling APC because the President and his trusted allies(CABALS) has hijacked the soul of the party making it incondusive for the other party members especially those that gave their all for the APC to emerge victorious in 2015.
The First lady has said it all in her interview with the BBC and we heard the Mr President reply......
God save Nigeria

Back