Sports Title race very much open - Wenger

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger believes this season's English Premier League title race will go down to the wire.

After seeing his side remain top of the league following a defeat of Manchester City on Monday by Chelsea,Wenger said that the title race is very much open.

According to a report on Skysports,the Frenchman said: "It is never as simple as everyone predicts it,” Wenger said. “I said a long time ago that nobody will be absolutely above (the others). It will be down to consistency.”

“Chelsea looked always dangerous and Man City looked for me a bit jaded,” he added.

“They were not as fluent or as strong physically as they were at Tottenham but it could have gone to 1-1, it could have gone 2-0 for Chelsea.

“At the end of the day, they (City) had 65 per cent possession with 25 shots on goal so sometimes that can be a 1-1, but I must say Chelsea had opportunities for the 2-0.

“At the moment this is the period, January, February, March, where every game is a battle for everybody because everybody fights for something. You just want to win the games.”

Arsenal are currently top of the table with two points ahead of second placed Manchester City,but they will travel to Anfield on Saturday and host Manchester United next week,as they begin a host of tough fixtures in February.

Wenger 1.JPG

Back