Entertainment Tiwa Savage Is Embarrassed To Be Nigerian - Are you?

wazobiaplus

Administrator
Popular Nigerian artist Tiwa Savage has stated that she is embarrassed to be Nigerian following the YNaija interview with Busola Dakolo in which she alleged, she was raped by Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo of COZA and the video showing senator Elisha Cliff Abbo assaulting a woman in her shop.

Tiwa Savage states that women are not being protected in countries like Nigeria - they are abused, raped, underpaid, hated, insulted and blamed for all societal ills.

She has a very strong case as to women's rights in Nigeria.

Are you embarrassed to be Nigeria? If so, why?

Her post was discussed by PlusTV

Attachments

• tiwa-crying-for-nigeria.jpg
    tiwa-crying-for-nigeria.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 51
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not embarrassed for been a Nigerian; rape happens anywhere else in the world and Nigeria as a nation cannot be an exception; if claims of rape are properly verified, many things will comes to mind. Women shouldn't kept quite after been raped in this generation of global awareness and active prohibition of rape offenses and prosecution; report to the police immediately and not after one year or six months or after your wedding and be a good citizen, If Nigeria can produce you, Nigeria is worthy of your present achievement; God bless Nigerians.

I'm not embarrassed for been a Nigerian; rape happens anywhere else in the world and Nigeria as a nation cannot be an exception; if claims of rape are properly verified, many things will comes to mind. Women shouldn't kept quite after been raped in this generation of global awareness and active prohibition of rape offenses and prosecution; report to the police immediately and not after one year or six months or after your wedding and be a good citizen, If Nigeria can produce you, Nigeria is worthy of your present achievement; God bless Nigerians.

I think reporting for many abuse victims is easier said than done especially when we victim blame. Your point about this not being just a Nigerian problem is well noted, but we are making slow progress in dealing with these issues.

Ia
Popular Nigerian artist Tiwa Savage has stated that she is embarrassed to be Nigerian following the YNaija interview with Busola Dakolo in which she alleged, she was raped by Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo of COZA and the video showing senator Elisha Cliff Abbo assaulting a woman in her shop.

Tiwa Savage states that women are not being protected in countries like Nigeria - they are abused, raped, underpaid, hated, insulted and blamed for all societal ills.

M

I am not embarrassed to be a Nigerian even though Nigeria is yet to get it right with issues of rape and women abuse. However I believe we will get there sooner or later. Its not just being embarrassed to be a Nigerian that will make things right but rather to continue to create awareness. Its very very difficult for a victim of rape to come up publicly. You may condemn whoever but its just because it has not happened to you hence its very easy for anyone to blame.

I must categorically state here that despite the catastrophic state of affairs in Nigeria today, I am a proud Nigerian.
And let me also state that in no distant time from now, Nigeria will emerge the envy of the whole world. The key is in our hands, especially Nigerian youths. Join us at Society for Advancement of Humanity (SAH) on www.sahnigeria.org as we create a Nigeria we will all be proud to live in.

Dual citizenship is allowed, she withdraw her Nigeria citizen certificate. Everyone is bothered but because of incapacitated leaders, we have in this country. What will the masses do to stop the atrocity.!

Back