Politics Tonye Princewill Explains Why He Joined APC - I Had To Pick Between Amaechi And Wike

A

abujagirl

Tonye Princewill, Labour Party gubernatorial candidate in Rivers State during the 2015 general elections has explained why he is defecting to the All Progressives Congress, APC.

Tonye Princewill.jpg

Speaking to DAILY POST on why he didn't join PDP Princewill said, “PDP, especially in Rivers state, is for the old school, analog, very well seasoned politicians who have been in charge in one form or the other since 1999. Their top is too heavy.”

“After my recent resignation from the Labour Party, the path has been made clear for me to chart a new course for me and those who respect the politics that I preach. I have come to realize that no party is perfect and only we as Nigerians can solve our own problems.

“So instead of waiting for our people to wake up, we have to work with those we can see. I have been critical of both parties but in my search for alternatives, it is clear to me now, that Nigerians are the same as our politicians. All parties reflect us, the very subtle difference is in he who leads and the ideology they preach.

“In the choice between a Buhari or Osibanjo and a Fayose or Wike, my choice remains the duo of the APC every single day. But all politics is local and the affairs in my state need to be foremost in my mind too. Here the choice is between the leadership of Wike and that of Amaechi.

“Again, my choice is Amaechi without hesitation. The past two years has allowed the dust settle and given the chance for governance to take hold. Compared to the first two years Amaechi was in office, I see a different mood in Rivers state.

“Like an umbrella. Nothing comes down and since there is no vacancy at the top, there is no chance for young, fresh faces to grow. I don’t belong there and neither do you. Wike is trying his best in some areas, but the Governor’s best is clearly not good enough. If his few projects executed could feed the people and genuinely reduce the high rate of youth unemployment, it would have been better. My recent tour of the state has revealed that many of those who were angry with Amaechi in 2015, have cut their noses to spite their faces,” Princewill said.

Back