Metro Tragedy as Fulani Herdsmen Behead Graduate Farmer in Abuja

kemi

Social Member
A farmer, Ndubuisi Uzoma, has been beheaded in his farm at Iddo community along the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport Road, Abuja by assailants suspected to be Fulani herdsmen.

herdsmen cow with gun.jpg

The headless corpse of the university graduate was found in the pool of his blood last Sunday by his relations, who went in search of him when he failed to return from the farm.

The deceased’s elder sister, Chidimma Umeh, told Northern City News that Uzoma had earlier complained that he was having issues with Fulani herdsmen who grazed their cattle on his farm.

She stated that the young man stayed late in the farm in order to prevent the herdsmen from encroaching on his farm and destroying his crops.

Weeping profusely while talking to Punch correspondent, the bereaved woman lamented the loss of his brother, whom she said took to farming because he could not secure a job after graduating from the university.

“I lost my brother on Saturday, he left in the morning and till night, I didn’t see him and I told my husband about it. We went to his farm to search for him, that was when I saw blood and I shouted, ‘Jesus, my brother is gone.’ Look at my brother’s corpse, there is no head, it’s been cut off, they beheaded my brother,” she sobbed.

Chidimma said that the case was reported to the police but no arrests had been made.

The FCT Police Public Relations Officer, Anjuguri Manzah, could not be reached for comment as he did not respond to calls and SMS.

Back