siteadmin

Administrator
Following on from our discussion on if Nigeria is a failed state, it is probably the right time to have a look at the many 'evils' that have contributed to the current state of the nation.

The question for discussion - Tribalism or Corruption: Which Is Nigeria's Greater Evil?

obj-buhari.jpg

Do you have something you would like to discuss? Click here to start your own discussion thread

Last edited:
Tribalism if u give equal Blanca of power such nonsense will not happened for example, in security sector give Yoruba police chief give Igbo naval chief give edoma defense chief give Hausa army chief give Fulani's just balance it every body's will work like competition

Tribalism is Nigeria's greater evil, it is the main reason most communities in Nigeria are suffering from massive under-development, social injustice, marginalisation, violence etc.... Tribalism breeds corruption!!!

To my own view the trend of Tribalism is the foundation of the Nigeria greatest problem ravaging every cause of uncertainties in the country. And its from their that the issue of corruption have easy access to the government malfunctions.

At my own, tribalism is the greater evil.
because you'll see a particular person working an a place and hi got a big position he will not take anyone that he didn't he will only take the people of tribe and his family.

We are tribalistic because we are corrupt. Employing the less qualified because he is your person means your sense of judgement is corrupt. And this has multiplying effect on our society.

Tribalism and also Religion they both lead to corruption in Nigeria. They all begat hatred....because even people of the same tribe don't love themselves in Nigeria, why?because it's either they are of different denomination or they practice different religion. A Muslim person sees a Christian man as an infidel full of sin and so on...the same goes with a Christian when he sees a Muslim...same when winners sees redeem, Anglican sees catholic etc. When the whole thing turns out to be like this things starts going bad...hatred, anger, jealousy sets in within themselves causing havoc.
IN CONCLUSION TRIBALISM IS THE GREATEST EVIL IN NIGERIA.

Thou I can't say categorically an opinion that can represent every dimension of thought. But according to the little I can say, tribalism is in place as a result of corruption. Why because it is corruption that made our nation so backward that ethnicity and tribalism have to play a significant role for someone to get what he, in a healthy situation, deserve better. Like job opportunity and likes.

Back