Politics Tribunal Judgement: Wike Returns to a Rousing Reception in PH

L

LequteMan

Nigeria - Sacked Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike, on Saturday returned to a rousing reception in the Port Harcourt area of the state on his return from Abuja.

nyesom wike2.jpg

Addressing thousands of his supporters at the Port Harcourt International Airport on Saturday, Wike said “the ungodly political gang-up in Abuja will never compel him to abandon the mandate given to him freely by Rivers people”.

He stressed that the judgment of the tribunal, which removed him, was tantamount to a lower court over-ruling a superior court, which is unknown to law.

“I have never seen a situation where a lower court overrules a higher court. The Court of Appeal has ruled on the issue of card reader which the tribunal based today’s judgment upon”.

The governor cited the fact that the Electoral Act does not recognise the card reader as stated by several tribunals and the Appeal Court.

“Nobody will intimidate me to abandon the people of Rivers State. Justice will prevail at the end.

“I have a very good case and my lawyers are already compiling the appeal process. Therefore, Rivers people should remain peaceful as the good work already started will be completed by God’s grace” he said.

Back