Politics U.S. Military Delegates Arrive Abuja to Partner Nigeria on Fighting Terrorism

L

LequteMan

U.S. Ambassador,Mr James Entwistle, on Thursday in Abuja, when he led a delegation from the U.S. on a visit to the Chief of Defence Staff has revealed that U.S .wants Nigeria to win its war against terrorism.

“I told President Jonathan that the position of the U.S. government is that the security challenges facing the North-East part of the country be solved.

“And I told the president that the simple message I was conveying is that the U.S. wants Nigeria to win its war on terrorism.

“That is the bottom line message that I share with the president and you this morning. The visit of the Commander of the U.S. African Command is a follow up from the meeting of the President Jonathan and Barrack Obama in New York,'' he said.

Entwistle said that the two presidents had talks on how to explore ways that the U.S. can be of assistance as Nigeria addresses its security concerns.

On his part, the Commander of the U.S. African Command, Gen. David Rodriguez, said he was in the country with a delegation to see how both countries could partner on the issues surrounding the security challenges in the North-East.

Rodriguez said that they were in the country to thank Nigeria for its role in peace-keeping in Africa, adding that Nigeria had been a partner of the U.S. for many years.

On his part, the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Adm. Ola Ibrahim said: ``It gladdened our hearts to know that the U.S. has promised to assist the country to defeat terrorism.”

boko h.jpg

I think, @leo, that our dear friend Ola Ibrahim has reached the last stage of grief: acceptance.

If USA comes in fully into the Boko Haram issues, Al Qaeda may (probably) rear its head more conspicuously, and Nigeria will be the worse for wear.

I am afraid :(

I think, @leo, that our dear friend Ola Ibrahim has reached the last stage of grief: acceptance.

If USA comes in fully into the Boko Haram issues, Al Qaeda may (probably) rear its head more conspicuously, and Nigeria will be the worse for wear.

I am afraid :(
Are you a Prophet of Doom?

This should be bittersweet news. US might curb the menace buh you know US doesn't just do things. They always want something in return and I'm afraid it'll be huge.

How ironic that the greatest supporter of terrorism is coming to 'help' us with out terrorism problem. I don't care what anyone thinks - America is in bed with the terrorists.

z.hashemi20130530101044610.jpg

Yes that is John McCain.

Lol!! The pessimist and optimist are in the house already!!

I thank the Americans for their great concern in solving Nigeria's terrorism issues. I'm almost certain it took quite a lot for them to drop whatever they are doing to come and help out.

So we don't waste everyone's time - the world is in a hurry; endtime preparations - the Americans should just state how many oil blocks they are interested in and we quickly hand it over to them. Once this is done, we as Nigerians can pretend as if the war against terrorism is won and move on to other less important things.

#iAmAnOptimist

Lol!! The pessimist and optimist are in the house already!!

I thank the Americans for their great concern in solving Nigeria's terrorism issues. I'm almost certain it took quite a lot for them to drop whatever they are doing to come and help out.

So we don't waste everyone's time - the world is in a hurry; endtime preparations - the Americans should just state how many oil blocks they are interested in and we quickly hand it over to them. Once this is done, we as Nigerians can pretend as if the war against terrorism is won and move on to other less important things.

#iAmAnOptimist
What if they want more than oil blocks?

What if they want more than oil blocks?
It's a normal greed tendency we are all blessed with - the desire for more. Increasing the number of blocks will get them content for a while. Whatever we hope to give to them sha, it should still afford us the right to pretend that we vote-in the leaders of our choice and also the retain the freedom to move around without shackles on our wrist and ankles.

This matter is a simple one. Thank God they are already in Abuja. Let the CJN draft a letter that says they won't get any oil block or have any say in our politics. Watch how tactically the Americans will discover other pressing matters and walk away.

America appears to have 'more experience' fighting terrorists because terrorists are its instruments of war. Bin Laden was 'created' by the Americans to tackle the Soviet-Afghan debacle, do you remember?

Even the CIA has, on record, called Al Qaeda its 'intelligence assets', and terrorists are basically chess pieces in the hands of Almighty America.

You heard about the "GWOT" right? Good. How do you explain the funding coming directly from the white house and the US Department of Justice to Syrian insurgents?

How do you explain the countless Americam soldiers saying they will not be used as instruments by the American govt. to fight FOR terrorist causes?

I'm telling you - America is not as benevolent as it paints itself. Look at the movies. America is the good guy. Al Qaeda is the bad guy. Is that how it is in real life? There are no good guys or bad guys. Just people and interests.

Back