Politics Under New Housing Scheme, Anyone With N30,000 Can Own a House- Osinbajo

L

LequteMan

The Nigerian government has stated that it is doing its best to ensure that Nigerians can afford houses.

Acting President Yemi Osinbajo, at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa in Abuja on Monday at an event to commemorate the administration's second anniversary said the plan is for the average Nigerian.

According to him, anyone with N30,000 will be able to own a house. He explained that the housing scheme was part of the administration's social intervention prpgramme that had not been mentioned.

"This is 100bn set aside for the Family Home Fund our Social Housing Project. The 100b is a yearly contribution to our N1trn Social Housing Fund, the largest in the history of the country. The World Bank and the African Development Bank are contributors to the Fund. From this Fund, developers will borrow 80% of the cost of project and counter fund with their own 20%.

"The same fund will enable us to provide inexpensive mortgages for hundreds of thousands across the country who want to own homes. Anyone who can afford N30,000 will be able to buy a home under our new social housing fund scheme. Already, the project has started in 11 states. We expect that this family housing fund will jump start and expand construction exponentially across the country."

Attachments

• Yemi-Osinbajo1.jpg
    Yemi-Osinbajo1.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 21
Actually, there is need for government to build more and more houses for people to stay. The government is not serious in this area.It is always promises and promises.It is easy to say than done.Mouth alone cannot do it.

Actually, there is need for government to build more and more houses for people to stay. The government is not serious in this area.It is always promises and promises.It is easy to say than done.Mouth alone cannot do it.

True.

I can't remember the last housing estate the govt built for average Nigerians. But building a house is not a day's job.

This can only be achievable when person like Rauf Aregbesola and co...mount the Housing Ministry. NOT LIKE BRF Himself. Lagos in the last 8 years is an experience teacher. Even to more on Lagos roads, you have to pay more than N30k per month.

When will the FGN start to implement their projects such as this first in any of the south eastern states? Npower payments started first in 5 northern states.

The project has kicked started in 11 states after 2 years in office, after another 2 years, it ll reach another 11 states(if possible) and their term will cease then the remaining states will be left out as if they are not part of Nigeria. Abeg, they should start the next round in Ebonyi state, so that I can benefit too. If I don't have 30, I ll borrow to get mine.

Well tank God I havnt use my 30k to drink let me keep it so that I Will use it to become a landlord in my dream cos even 30k cannot feed me for 1month......oshinbajo oya clean the lie wey day ur mouth wey the rest APC put for ur mouth

You danced skelewu when APC promised to give your children one meal per day.

You danced shoki when APC told you that 1 Naira would be equal to one dollar.

You danced azonto when APC came again and said that a litre of PMS would be sold for N40.

Now, pastor is telling bedtime stories about how you can buy a house with 30k, money that cannot even pay your NEPA bill, and you are here already scattering arms and legs that are emaciated by hunger and recession.

You had better leave that lying Banana Island pastor alone and emancipate yourself from e-stupidity and broom hypnosis.

You danced azonto when APC came again and said that a litre of PMS would be sold for N40.

Now, pastor is telling bedtime stories about how you can buy a house with 30k, money that cannot even pay your NEPA bill, and you are here already scattering arms and legs that are emaciated by hunger and recession.

You had better leave that lying Banana Island pastor alone and emancipate yourself from e-stupidity and broom hypnosis.

I see the unfulfilled promises. Change continues from better to worst.

Back