Metro Undergraduate Arrested for Raping Toddler to Death

A

abujagirl

Mr Adebayo Alade, a university undergraduate and son of a school proprietor has been arrested by the Ondo State Police Command for allegedly raping a four-year-old girl, Elizabeth Wanogho, to death.

According to HALLMARK, Mr Ovie Wanogho, the 45-year-old father of the deceased toddler said after he was transferred to Akure from Bauchi state three months ago and he decided to enroll his children in Falaiye Memorial Nursery/Primary School, Old Akure-Ondo road, Ologede, Akure.

“One afternoon my daughter returned from school and while I was sleeping I heard her telling her mother that her new uncle put his hand in her private part and touched her bumbum; before I could come out of my room her mother brought her to me and she repeated it.

“I took her to the school the following day to report to the proprietor, Mr Kola Alade, who summoned the teacher and Elizabeth repeated what she said at home and the teacher, Alade, said in Yoruba that ‘mo kan ba sere ni’, meaning (I was just playing with her). I then warned him seriously that such should not repeat itself again.

“The proprietor promised that such will never happen again. My daughter returned that day to report to me that because I came to warn her uncle he pressed her neck saying that ‘your parents are not here I will deal with you’ she made me know that the teacher is the proprietor’s son.

“She complained of neck pains and I went to a nearby chemist to complain and bought the prescribed drugs and administered it for her, only for her neck to swell overnight and I rushed her to the hospital that night, it was on my way I met Mr Kola Alade driving out and I explained my plight to him but he said my wife and I should wait for him which I did but Kola never returned before I got help from another neighbour who took us to the Military Hospital at the barracks where Elizabeth was placed on drips and antibiotics to just reduce the swollen neck but to no avail.”

Ovie said they were later referred to Mother and Child Hospital in Akure where he was asked to buy blood but because he could not afford the money, volunteered to donate his blood.

“It was then that I received a call from the police that the proprietor was negotiating the release of his son. I rushed to the police station and insisted I was still concerned about my daughter’s recovery. I was there when I was called on phone from the hospital that I had to rush back.

“When I got to Mother and Child hospital, I saw my daughter and she stretched her hands to me and called me, ‘Daddy! Daddy!’ As soon as I moved to her and carried her she breathed her last”.

Ovie said the doctor’s report revealed that something struck her vaginal and strangled on the neck.

“She is in the mortuary now and what I want now is justice. I want fellow Nigerians to help me, I have three kids and have lost one she is my carbon copy, I gave her my blood to keep her but she has left me.’

Mr Wole Ogodo, Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), Ondo state confirmed the arrest. He said the arrest was to enable men of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) to determine the involvement of the accused in the toddler's death.

Ogodo however noted that the father of the deceased did not report the case to the police after the child was flogged two weeks ago but he reported after the girl died. The police are currently awaiting post-mortem results as they claim they cannot rely on an unrecognized hospital.

images

Back