Politics UPC Advises PDP’s candidate to Withdraw from Delta Senatorial Race

A

abujagirl

upload_2013-8-19_6-47-9.png

The leadership of the Urhobo Political Congress, UPC, has advised the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, candidate in the 2011 election, Chief Ighoyota Amori not to contest the forthcoming Delta Central Senatorial seat by-election.

Chief Amori, who is the National Chairman of UPC, however, has insisted that he would participate in the election .

In a series of text messages sent to supporters, Amori wrote , “I am in the race; opinion of one man cannot deter me from running.

“Withdraw for who? All interested UPC members were requested to present themselves for assessment before we can choose who is more qualified electorally.

“So, the personal opinion of one individual, who does not like my face from the beginning of politics, is irrelevant to our collective resolve. I can assure you that I will win as we have been asked to face the party primaries of PDP.”

The leadership of the group based their insistence on Chief Amori’s withdrawal from the race on the need for PDP and UPC to present a more acceptable candidate for wresting the senatorial seat from Democratic Peoples Party, DPP.

Back