US Open: Nadal,Federer and Serena qualifies for next round

Both Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer,effortlessly won their games to advance to the third of the US Open Grand Slam tournament.
Nadal hardly broke sweat,as he crushed Dutra Silva 6-2 6-1 6-0 in just 92 minutes.
”I’m trying to play more aggressive,” Nadal was quoted as saying on BBC Sport.
“I didn’t have time to practise a lot because I was injured for seven months and when I started to feel better I started to compete. I need to play more aggressive – I’m trying to work on this my whole career but it’s more mental than a training thing.”
Federer in his own match,defeated unseeded Argentine Carlos Berlocq 6-3 6-2 6-1 to go through.
“It might take a few matches and next thing you know you’re playing really, really good tennis again and you’re close to playing some really great tennis,” said Federer.
“I think that’s kind of where I am right now, and that’s where every match is really important to me and how I play every single point.”
Also in the Men’s category,big American John Isner defeated French player, Gael Monfils 7-5 6-2 4-6 7-6 (7-4).
In the Women’s category,both Serena Williams and Victoria Azarenka confirmed their places in the latter stages of the competition.
Serena defeated Galina Voskoboeva 6-3 6-0, while Victoria Azarenka beat Aleksandra Wozniak 6-3 6-1.
There were also wins for Angelique Kerber and also former world number one Caroline Wozniacki .

Continue reading...

Back