World USA Attacks Egypt Over Sentence of Al Jazeera Journalists

Vunderkind

Social Member
The United States Government has formally reacted to today’s sentences passed on journalists by the Egyptian government in Cairo.

The US, in a position statement issued by Secretary of State, John Kerry said, “Today's conviction and chilling, draconian sentences by the Cairo Criminal Court of three Al Jazeera journalists, and fifteen others in a trial that lacked many fundamental norms of due process, is ‘a deeply disturbing set-back’ to Egypt's transition. Injustices like these simply cannot stand if Egypt is to move forward in the way that President al-Sisi, and Foreign Minister Shoukry, told me just yesterday, that they aspire to see their country advance.”

It said it is contrary to the universal declaration for human rights and freedom of speech, Kerry had said. “As I shared with President al-Sisi during my visit to Cairo, the long term success of Egypt and its people depends on the protection of universal human rights, and a real commitment to embracing the aspirations of the Egyptians for a responsive government.

Click here to read more

Source: #SaharaReporters
kerry.png

Back