Usain Bolt agrees to race against Mo Farah

C

Chris Maduewesi

Usain Bolt has taken up the gauntlet to race against Mo Farah, in a charity race,with the Jamaican sprinter saying that he would be prepared to do run 600m with him.
Both athletes run in different events,with Bolt specializing in the short distance sprints,while Farah do the long distance races.
Farah on Saturday won the 3000m at the Anniversary Games in London,while Bolt recaptured last year’s performance at the Olympics,by winning the 100m event as well.
“It would be great to do a distance where people vote in – proper athletics fans – on what distance they think is most suitable,” Farah told Sky Sports.
And in apparent challenge to Bolt,Farah turned to the camera and said: “Are you up for that? Come on, you’ve got to do it.”
In response to the challenge,Bolt in a separate interview said: “That sounds fun,” he said.
“It’s going to be hard but it’s charity so it’s all about fun and enjoyment.
“I’m up for anything, for anything’s possible,” he added.
But Bolt said that he cannot go the long stretch of running a far distance against Farah,suggesting that they do a shorter race.
“It’s way too far,” he said. “600 for sure I can try because I’ve done 600 metres in training, but not 1,500 metres.”

Continue reading...

Back