Sports Van Gaal disappointed with Man Utd's opening day loss

Manchester United manager Louis Van Gaal has taken responsibility for his team's disappointing opening day loss to Swansea in the English Premier League season.

United were beaten 2-1 at Old Trafford on Saturday in a game that they were missing so many of their first team players.

The Dutchman said that the confidence of his players were deflated with the loss,as it wasn't what they expected.

"When you have preparation, win everything, then lose your first match, it cannot be worse," Van Gaal said.

"We have built up a lot of confidence. It will be smashed because of this."

He also noted that some of his players played with fear in the match,adding that the work at United is one in progress.

"In the first half I saw a lot of my players looking very nervous and making the wrong choices. The players have to get used to that expectation because this is Manchester United and they have to cope with that pressure.

"Of course I am very disappointed to lose - for the players and fans and for myself and my staff.

"But we have to remember this is only one of many games and nobody is champions now. You are the champions in May."

Attachments

• Van Gaal.jpg
    Van Gaal.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 9
LVG should start shipping players out. The month ends in 2 weeks. United needs better, confidential players.

Back