Sports Victoria Azarenka Says Lionel Messi Plays Like A Video Game

Messi.jpg

Former world number one, Victoria Azarenka, has revealed she looks forward to watching Barcelona's Lionel Messi play whenever she isn't on the court.

The 26-year old Belarusian described Messi as an "amazing" player, insisting that he plays like he is in a video game.

The current European best player got a brace for Argentina in a 7-0 win over Bolivia on Saturday, though he is yet to find the net in Barcelona's first two league games.

Azarenka, who has slipped to 20th on the ATP world ranking progressed to the quarter-finals of the ongoing US Open after beating Varvara Lepchenko.

She further hailed the Barcelona star's abilities as "unthinkable" and says she looks out for his games in her free time.

"Seeing Messi play is like watching a video game," she told reporters. "It's really something exciting.

"I couldn't watch the game against Bolivia because of the time difference and because I'm a little busy these days, but I will look for him because he's just amazing.

"What Messi does on a football field is simply unthinkable. I had the pleasure of seeing him at the stadium once in Barcelona and, for me, he is amazing.

"The way he walks from side to side, and once he sees an opportunity, he simply creates magic."

And she joked: "Footballers play with their feet. I wouldn't say that I am as good with my hands as he is with his feet, but I'm trying." Goal

Back