Sports Vincent Enyeama Finally Quits Super Eagles After 13 Years

Lille of France Goalkeeper, Vincent Enyeama, has hanged his international boot hours before the Super Eagles game in Belgium.

The 33-year old choice keeper was demoted by Sunday Oliseh, who then handed over captaincy arm band to Ahmed Musa, saying the Russia-based forward has a handful number of years to serve the national team.

Enyeama wrote on instagram; “I have fought a good fight for more than 13 years.I have finished my course, I have kept the faith and sang the anthem with passion. henceforth, there is laid for me a crown which only GOD can reward me for my 13years of national services. God bless NIgeria.

“Henceforth, I am no more the captain of the NIgerian senior football team, I am no more the goalie of the team. I am out of the team. I am no more available for international duties.

“I want to say thank you to every Nigerian fan and supporter world wide. It’s been the most trying period of my life but I know that Nigerians are there for me and God is with me. God bless NIgeria.”

Before bowing out, he was the player with the highest number of appearances for the Eagles, closely followed by Joseph Yobo with 101 and 100 caps respectively.

Enyeama, who represented Nigeria at three World Cup finals, is the most capped Super Eagles player, with 101 caps to his name has already left the team's base camp in Belgium.
PREMIUM TIMES

Enyeama.jpg

Back