We cannot rush Yobo out of the Super Eagles – Keshi

C

Chris Maduewesi

Super Eagles coach,Stephen Keshi,has once again reiterated that skipper,Joseph Yobo is still very much in his plans.
There have been speculation over the international future of Yobo,with many believing that he is being tactically schemed out of the team.
However media officer of the team, Ben Alaiya, quoting Keshi denied reports,that he spoke to a media outfit in Abidjan last week about the return of the defender to the national team.
“He is like a younger brother to me and I want the best for him but there seems to be a desperate bid to create a war between me and my captain and I will always reject that because he remains one of Nigeria’s big football players and we cannot rush him out just like that”, Keshi was quoted to have said by the media officer.
Keshi also added that he is always being misquoted out of context:“When I speak about the NFF, it’s convenient for people to misquote me, to create crisis between me and my employers but I had never had any problem with them and they have said so.”
“The Aminu Maigari led NFF board has been more than supportive of the team we have on ground and nobody should say otherwise just to create sensation. There are channels of communications in the NFF and the Super Eagles and if information do not come though those channels they should be disregarded.”

Continue reading...

Back