Politics We Have Not Received Atiku's Resignation Letter - APC

M

mrsam

The All Progressives Congress has said that it is yet to receive a letter of resignation from the former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar.

The party’s National Publicity Secretary, Bolaji Abdullahi, made this known on Friday in Abuja.

Atiku had in a statement on Friday announced his resignation from the APC, citing lack of good relationship with the party leadership, among other issues.

He explained that he joined the APC in 2014 after some of its leaders appealed to him, following the crisis in his former party, the Peoples Democratic Party which resulted in two different factions.

According to Atiku, the situation in my former party left me and several other loyal party members in a limbo, not knowing which of the parallel executives the legitimate leadership was.

He further stated that he joined the APC to continue his struggle for democracy and service to the country and the people.

“However, events of the intervening years have shown that like any other human and many other Nigerians, I was fallible.

“I admit that I and others who accepted the invitation to join the APC were eager to make positive changes for our country that we fell for a mirage.”

But, Abdullahi said that the APC leadership had not seen any formal notification on the purported resignation, adding, however, that “based on what we have seen in the social media, we can say that it is surprising”.

“For us, politics is all about interest, so, if the former Vice President feels that his interest is better served elsewhere, we don’t have any issues with that.

“We can always wish him good luck. For us, the task of building a political party is not a day’s job; it is a marathon.

“And it takes many years and we will continue to improve our system to get the kind of party we want to really build,” Abdullahi said.

Attachments

• atiku.jpg
    atiku.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 16
Back