Sports We Ran Out Of Ideas Against Barcelona- Ancelotti

Real Madrid manager, Carlo Ancelotti has revealed that his side lacked ideas in the last thirty minutes of last Sunday's El Classico at the Camp Nou.

Jeremy Mathieu scored first for the Catalans from a Lionel Messi's set piece, but Real's Cristiano Ronaldo cancelled the goal before the first 45 minutes ended 1-1.

The second half took another turn as Uruguay's Luis Suarez scored the winner for the Camp Nou side to extend their lead to 4 points on the Spanish League table.

The Madrid coach thought his side held the upper hand for the most part, but when it came to the crucial final 30 minutes, they had no answer to Barca's counter-attacking style.

"I think we have watched two teams at a very high level," Ancelotti said. "I think we played very well until the second goal. After that, the game became very difficult.

"We did very well in the first half, we had good control of the game, we were solid at the back, but in the end we lacked a cool head to earn a draw. We played a lot of long balls and had too few ideas.

"It's hard to say if the best team won. We were better for the first hour, but for the last 30 minutes the counter-attacks of Barcelona were devastating. I think both teams deserved to do something important, but it's Barcelona who won. Good for them.

carlo-ancelotti-psg.jpg

"They also have good ideas at set pieces. Suarez has great skill, he found the right space and scored. I do not think the goals were down to our defensive errors."

The Italian insists the league is not over and maintains that if his side continue to work hard, they can catch Luis Enrique's men.

"We must continue with our strategy. I think the team has improved a lot in this regard. Now the league is more complicated, for sure, but we will not give up.

"Right now, Barcelona has the advantage, but in football anything can happen. We won't prioritise the Champions League over La Liga because both are as important as each other." Goal

Last edited by a moderator:
Back