We still need Yobo in the Super Eagles – Emenike

Nigerian striker Emmanuel Emenike,has championed the call for the recall of Super Eagles defender,Joseph Yobo to the national team.
Yobo last featured for Nigeria at the 2013 African Nations Cup in South Africa,and has not been invited since then.
But Emenike who has scored eight goals since making his debut for Nigeria,believes that Yobo’s experience is needed in the national team.
“Even though it is the decision of the coach on who he invites to the national team, personally I think we still need Yobo in the team,” Emenike is quoted as saying on Vanguard Sports.
Emenike rejoined Fenerbahce from Spartak Moscow last month,and now plays alongside Yobo at clubside:“I play with him every week and sincerely we need his wealth of experience in the Eagles,” he added.
“I am in the Eagles doing well today is partly because of the encouragement I get from Yobo and the coach.”
Emenike said that Yobo is like “a senior brother” and a role in him playing for the Super Eagles.
“He brought me to the Super Eagles after we played against each other in a match in Turkey, before Samson Siasia came over to convince me to play for the country,” he added.

Continue reading...

Back