We will not make any panic buy – Wenger

Arsenal manager,Arsene Wenger has maintained that the club will not be forced into making any rash signings before the close of the transfer window.
Wenger has come under severe criticisms to make new signings,putting into consideration the injuries that has ravaged his squad.
But the Frenchman said that they will not just sign any player,because they want to strengthen their side before the close of the transfer window.
“We will not panic buy, that is for sure,” Wenger said in a press conference on Friday. “It’s not my strength to panic,” he added.
When asked about his opinion on the price Tottenham wants from Real Madrid for Gareth Bale, Wenger said that the transfer market has been blighted with those who have more financial power.
“I don’t think at all that the prices are linked with the quality of the players, during this summer especially,” he said. “The prices today are just linked with the financial power and the desire of the buyer.
“For me, there are very, very, very, very few players who are economically justifying, or (it) makes sense to pay, over 50 million pounds.”
Arsenal host Tottenham on Sunday at the Emirates,and Wenger said that he is happy with the level of business they have done so far.
“I’m completely happy with what we do and how we do things,” he said.
“When you see our team play I think what is the most important is what is happening on the pitch and the way we play and we have good players so let’s focus on that.
“It’s a big game because it’s a special rivalry between the two teams but as well for me it’s three points that are vitally important because we want to play the top of the league and after our start it’s important of course that we win the game.”

Continue reading...

Back