Sports Wenger Reacts To Arsenal Missing Out of Champions League First Time in 20 Years

kemi

Social Member
Arsenal manager, Arsene Wenger, has blamed his side finishing outside the top four places in the Premier League, on a bad spell during the season.

wenger sad.jpg

The Gunners will play in the Europa League next term, despite winning 3-1 at home against Everton in their final league fixture.

Liverpool’s 3-0 win over Middlesbrough and Manchester City’s 5-1 crushing of Watford, means Wenger’s men miss out of playing alongside Europe’s elite for the first time in 20 years.

“It is annoying but we had a spell during the season that was difficult and it was difficult for me in my personal situation. We were playing in a hostile environment. The players came back stronger in the last two months and I’m very proud of them for doing that.

“I was focused on my job. I am professional. I love this club enough to do my best every single day. One thing you cannot question is my love for this club. I’ve turned down every club in the world to stay here,” Wenger said after Sunday’s game.

Back