World Wentworth Miller (Michael Scofield) is gay!

Bolanle Akanji

wentworth_2650292e.jpg
(getty images)

In a move that has broken hearts across the world, Wentworth Miller, notable for his role in Prison Break, has come out as gay in a letter to the Saint Petersburg Film Festival in Russia.

He rejected the invitation to attend the festival because of the recently passed Anti-gay laws of Russia.

The letter:

Thank you for your kind invitation. As someone who has enjoyed visiting Russia in
the past and can also claim a degree of
Russian ancestry, it would make me happy
to say yes. However, as a gay man, I must
decline.

I am deeply troubled by the current attitude
toward and treatment of gay men and women by the Russian government.

The situation is in no way acceptable, and I
cannot in good conscience participate in a celebratory occasion hosted by a country where people like myself are being
systematically denied their basic right to live
and love openly.

Perhaps, when and if circumstances improve, I’ll be free to make a different choice.

Until then.
Wentworth Miller.

Way to go, Wentworth. We should stand up for what we believe in.

Bye bye, teenage dream. Time to find another crush. :(

How do people become gay? I mean a serial killer can come out and say his a serial killer because that is just how he is!. This people are pathetic

Ah, well. Before we judge, let us deduce a couple of easily visible observations:

1. The Russian Anti-gay bill is, at best, stupid. They placed a ban on gay athletes performing during competitions. WHY? Because they are gay? Is the athletic event a sexual orgy, or a display of sexual preference or will they at any time be required to have sex with a co-athlete for the benefit of the spectators? I ask you. An athlete should be judged, banned - or otherwise - for reasons relevant to the event. You want to ban an athlete for using steroids? Fine. For taking illegal drugs? Good luck bruv. But banning for being gay? Seriously? What has that got to do with anything.

2. Wentworth Miller's being gay is not news, to be honest: I mean, there have been reports of his being gay some three, four years ago (last I checked.) I would say the reason this news has prominence is because he used his stand as a well-known actor to tell the Russians what he thought of their policy in no uncertain terms.

I used to have a gay friend, you see, and gay people are just victimized for nothing. They're cool folks. My point is, Wentworth Miller, Michael Scofield, whatever, his reason for being gay is cool with me.

And for those petty females who are outraged that his rock hard bod will no longer fuel their lustful dreams (because it can never even be more than a dream), I say, get a fricking life.

Wentworth: I'm proud of you. Shows strength of character, sticking it to the Russians.

Its true that no one should be victimized as human beings but it is also true that this gay issue is abnormal.Imagine if animals were gay. its not just the nature in which God created us. Imagine if there were two Adams?I believe that homosexuality is a demonic spirit like all other forms of immorality, no sin bigger than another. However, if these gay stuff continues and is permitted, very soon humans will want to legalize man marrying animals, by that time i pray not to be in this world.

Its true that no one should be victimized as human beings but it is also true that this gay issue is abnormal.Imagine if animals were gay. its not just the nature in which God created us. Imagine if there were two Adams?I believe that homosexuality is a demonic spirit like all other forms of immorality, no sin bigger than another. However, if these gay stuff continues and is permitted, very soon humans will want to legalize man marrying animals, by that time i pray not to be in this world.
Er...I don't know how to break this to you, but yeah, there are gay animals. Lots of species, in fact...

Er...I don't know how to break this to you, but yeah, there are gay animals. Lots of species, in fact...
i'v seen such reports of so called gay insects or whatever, so you dont need to break it to me. Meanwhile we are not animals we are made in the image of God

LOL. Again, let us be objective. LOOOL. Start from the beginning, and thank God I can use this quote too.
Number One: You. Here ------>
See the part I made bold there? That was YOU implying that animals are not gay. So I'm quite bemused now that here--->
i'v seen such reports of so called gay insects or whatever, so you dont need to break it to me. Meanwhile we are not animals we are made in the image of God
you're saying I don't need to break it to you.

And, also, KemiO, I'm not even referring to insects. Insects are a base level of homosexuality. I'm talking mammals. Primates, if you will. Yup, there are gay mammals.

And since religion and science - in the strictest sense of the word - do not see eye to eye on this issue, I will hesitate to speak.

But I only hesitate. Speak, I must. We ARE animals. In EVERY sense of the word. I could allow for wriggle room if you say we are "higher" animals, a quite egotistic term for man, because he wishes to separate himself from other animals, but we are animals when we get right down to it.

My point is: your religion says, "Don't be gay", or something like that, but you see, your religion is not the only one around. Other religions are - shockingly, maybe - pretty much laid back on whom people choose to have sex with.

Be tolerant, Miss. Don't let your own religious 'piety' shroud you from the reality.

LOL. Again, let us be objective. LOOOL. Start from the beginning, and thank God I can use this quote too.
Number One: You. Here ------>

See the part I made bold there? That was YOU implying that animals are not gay. So I'm quite bemused now that here--->
you're saying I don't need to break it to you.

And, also, KemiO, I'm not even referring to insects. Insects are a base level of homosexuality. I'm talking mammals. Primates, if you will. Yup, there are gay mammals.

And since religion and science - in the strictest sense of the word - do not see eye to eye on this issue, I will hesitate to speak.

But I only hesitate. Speak, I must. We ARE animals. In EVERY sense of the word. I could allow for wriggle room if you say we are "higher" animals, a quite egotistic term for man, because he wishes to separate himself from other animals, but we are animals when we get right down to it.

My point is: your religion says, "Don't be gay", or something like that, but you see, your religion is not the only one around. Other religions are - shockingly, maybe - pretty much laid back on whom people choose to have sex with.

Be tolerant, Miss. Don't let your own religious 'piety' shroud you from the reality.

i still stand by my word when i say imagine if animals are gay because i do not believe the reports that says that some animals show homosexual behavior. Also, this issue of homosexuality is always a heated topic and I'm not surprised we are dragging on this one. My opinions are solely based on the word of God, and God's view concerning the matter on homosexuality and every other sin. I know there are so many religions in the world and the world system of things will always go against THE ALMIGHTY GOD. When you say Be tolerant, Miss. Don't let your own religious 'piety' shroud you from the reality. what do you mean? that religion has blinded me from whats going on in the world today. first of all, as a human being i know its abnormal for a man to date a man and ladies likewise, its only someone that is blind that will consider that normal. And i want to ask you, is'nt death part of reality, in the next 100years we will all not be in this world anymore, will you rather enjoy the pleasures of your lust here and now, and forever be separated from God or you'll subdue the flesh now and be forever with God. I do not see Christianity as a religion but a lifestyle for everyone. Your entitled to your opinions however, but i advise you to pray for those your friends that are gay. Also, i am not perfect at all but i'll do everything possible to obey the one that created me.

i still stand by my word when i say imagine if animals are gay because i do not believe the reports that says that some animals show homosexual behavior. Also, this issue of homosexuality is always a heated topic and I'm not surprised we are dragging on this one. My opinions are solely based on the word of God, and God's view concerning the matter on homosexuality and every other sin. I know there are so many religions in the world and the world system of things will always go against THE ALMIGHTY GOD. When you say Be tolerant, Miss. Don't let your own religious 'piety' shroud you from the reality. what do you mean? that religion has blinded me from whats going on in the world today. first of all, as a human being i know its abnormal for a man to date a man and ladies likewise, its only someone that is blind that will consider that normal. And i want to ask you, is'nt death part of reality, in the next 100years we will all not be in this world anymore, will you rather enjoy the pleasures of your lust here and now, and forever be separated from God or you'll subdue the flesh now and be forever with God. I do not see Christianity as a religion but a lifestyle for everyone. Your entitled to your opinions however, but i advise you to pray for those your friends that are gay. Also, i am not perfect at all but i'll do everything possible to obey the one that created me.
Patiently waiting for the_HeadCase.

How do people become gay? I mean a serial killer can come out and say his a serial killer because that is just how he is!. This people are pathetic
Why are you equating gay people with serial killers? . To be gay is a persons way of life and not a crime.
What saddens me about this story is the waste of "awesome cuteness" on a guy who doesn't need it. I need to find another Crush.

Everything you say here has been colored with religious sentiments, prejudice, bias and poor examination of facts. I cannot even argue under these conditions. Live, and prosper. :D

Why are you equating gay people with serial killers? . To be gay is a persons way of life and not a crime.
What saddens me about this story is the waste of "awesome cuteness" on a guy who doesn't need it. I need to find another Crush.
Whoever you are, Jules, you just won my heart. Objectivity in the face of an argument, that always gets to me. Comparing homosexuality with serial killing is basically like comparing a mango with a shoe - no correlation.

Gay people say they are gay by nature. Do you have any evidence to suggest that they are lying? No. Leave them alone.

Every man comes into this world with a choice, Miss KemiO. Don't be expressing outrage and forming messiah. The catholic church did, one time, when they felt scientists were from the Devil himself, and a lot of innocent scientists were brutally tortured and killed by the Vatican. Religion blinds people, and makes them monsters.

I am saying: don't be a monster

Meanwhile, Public Service Announcements, friends and wellwishers: I am single, almost as hot as Wentworth.

And most definitely not gay.

Queue up, queue up :) :) :)

Meanwhile, Public Service Announcements, friends and wellwishers: I am single, almost as hot as Wentworth.

And most definitely not gay.

Queue up, queue up :) :) :)[/quote
Ah, well. Before we judge, let us deduce a couple of easily visible observations:

1. The Russian Anti-gay bill is, at best, stupid. They placed a ban on gay athletes performing during competitions. WHY? Because they are gay? Is the athletic event a sexual orgy, or a display of sexual preference or will they at any time be required to have sex with a co-athlete for the benefit of the spectators? I ask you. An athlete should be judged, banned - or otherwise - for reasons relevant to the event. You want to ban an athlete for using steroids? Fine. For taking illegal drugs? Good luck bruv. But banning for being gay? Seriously? What has that got to do with anything.

2. Wentworth Miller's being gay is not news, to be honest: I mean, there have been reports of his being gay some three, four years ago (last I checked.) I would say the reason this news has prominence is because he used his stand as a well-known actor to tell the Russians what he thought of their policy in no uncertain terms.

I used to have a gay friend, you see, and gay people are just victimized for nothing. They're cool folks. My point is, Wentworth Miller, Michael Scofield, whatever, his reason for being gay is cool with me.

And for those petty females who are outraged that his rock hard bod will no longer fuel their lustful dreams (because it can never even be more than a dream), I say, get a fricking life.

Wentworth: I'm proud of you. Shows strength of character, sticking it to the Russians.

I'm quite amused with your stand on this. Telling women with celeb crushes to get a life. I hv several celeb crushes and I can honestly tell you that my life is awesome. Pple tend to idolise celebs cos we all need to escape frm reality once in a while and these pple provide it. As long as d crush is harmless, I find it better than the farting, burping boys in real life.

As for the gayness or gaiety, I don't have anything against homosexuals but we all know its unnatural. God didn't create a man and a woman for Adam to pick the one he was attracted to. He gave him d perfect fit; Eve, a WOMAN. As for me, I deal with pple nt their sexuality or religion, so its no problem for me what side of the field you play on.

Lastly, can u in all honesty say u hv never seen anyone on TV that u liked enough to follow their lives and projects? Not even a bit?!, if not, pls drop your digits, you r d man I've been looking for my whole life!

Back