Sports We've Settled Money Issue With U-23 Olympics Team- NFF President, Pinnick

L

LequteMan

President of the Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, Mr. Amaju Pinnick, has stated that the association has settled the money issue it had with the U-23 team at the Rio 2016 Olympics.

According to reports, the team said they are yet to receive their allowances and other payments, and had threatened to boycott their next match against Denmark if they aren't paid.

Coach Samson Siasia also spoke about the issue, backing his players.

The NFF President however said he has called Siasia and explained the situation to him.

“As I explained last week, we received some money from CAF and I directed that the money be used to offset the salaries of the U23 team coaches and also for the Super Falcons’ coaches.

“The money has come into the NFF account, but it has to first go into our TSA (Treasury Single Account) before we can access it and then use it. The vouchers for the payment have already been done.

“Siasia confirmed that before I spoke to him, the NFF general secretary had also called him to explain the situation to him.

“I want to specially appreciate the Honourable Minister, Barrister Solomon Dalung, who had already dispatched accountants to the U23 team hotel to pay the allowances of players and officials before I called the team,” he said.

Attachments

• amaju pinnick.jpg
    amaju pinnick.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 22
Back