Politics What does Bola Tinubu want? - Vanguard

curator

Administrator
OVER the past few years, Bola Tinubu has made himself something of a colossus of South-Western politics in Nigeria. Against the onslaught of vociferous PDP electoral manipulations in 2003, Tinubu drew the line in the sand and held on to the biggest prize: Lagos. He became, in effect, the lone survivor of his party in the South-West. By 2007, using just Lagos State as his stronghold, he fought back to wrest ACN control back in all but one of the South-western states. By 2011, he had consolidated his hold in the region. With 2015 looming, it would appear to be high time for Tinubu to unfold a national, as opposed to a merely regional, agenda.

Accordingly, Tinubu has now become the grandfather of the All Progressives Congress (APC); a coalition forged between his ACN party, Buhari’s CPC, the ANPP and Rochas Okorocha’s wing of APGA. But the question needs to be asked: what is in this new-fangled APC for Bola Tinubu?

Politics without principles

Tinubu’s midwifery of the APC is conclusive proof he is anything but a progressive politician. The APC is an all-comers alliance of strange bedfellows without any defined policy objectives. No one can tell what is progressive about this new cocktail. Former arch-enemies of the ruling PDP, hitherto derided as corrupt and incompetent by Tinubu, are now courted and welcomed in APC with open arms.

Click here to read more

Source: Vanguard Newspaper

bola-tinubu (1).jpg

This guy just read my mind. Tinubu is a hypocrite. You clamour for NC but you reject it now, You say members of PDP are corrupt, yet you accept them. This guy just wants power. He practically owns everything in Lagos, now he wants to widen his horizons.
Nigerians BEWARE cos APC is a disaster unfold

@leo, both write-ups are mutually exclusive, from my point of view that is. The fact that Tinubu isn't an angel doesn't in any way do any harm to the argument that Goodluck Jonathan is becoming something of a Methuselah in Aso Rock.

I am nothing if not a man of fairness in the face of these things. I am not pro-APC, neither am I pro-PDP. We are this close to elections in 2015 and I still cannot explain the ideological differences between both parties. What, then, makes one better than the other. As someone I know once said, "PDP vs. APC is simply a case of same shit, different toilet."

To reiterate, Leo, I am not pro-PDP, nor am I pro-PDP, I am pro-progress, and it is just sad that what I stand for seems long in coming.

Namaste. :)

Back