Politics What Does Restructuring Nigeria Mean To You?

P

ProfRem

Restructuring has become the latest talk in the political landscape with political and non political actors pushing forward their ideas of the word.

But what exactly is the idea of restructuring?

RestructureNG.JPG

Given the view of some that Nigeria is presently a federation, it is not surprising that different political actors would give different perspectives to the concept of restructuring.

Among those to have given life to the concept of restructuring are General Ibrahim Babanigda, former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and some pro-democracy activists.

To restructure, is to organize differently the political and economic situation of the nation.

What does it mean to you as a citizen?

For me it means true federalism and resource control. Less power to the centre. Unfortunately in the short term, it will create chaos as local demi-gods will abuse the power, but long term they can be held more accountable.

This should not be about ethnicity.

Currently in many states, if the governor is not happy with the LGA chairman, he can starve that LGA of funds. That should also be addressed.

Some of the more interesting comments from Facebook. I have ignored the hate speech and bigoted views!

Alikas Ali - wen the most wealthy of nigerians transforms the country to a gud shape by buying the country itself,or the govt and it citizens comes together to change it for the better,or both the govt and the citizens comes togeda,enter a resolution to sell the asset of the country,pay it debt n create a new country and give it a new name,after 14days we shall file a report to CAC to register nigeria as a one and indissolible country,...ds is wat we call,management buy in,arrangement and compromise and arrangement on sale,...hmmm,ds is not coporote restructuring o biko,wat a mistake,we talkin of nija,i am talking of coporate governance,...Law look wat u av done to m

George Emmanuel It means to change the structure build by Lord Lugard to people oriented structure where everyone can build and develop their own region. This is the way out.

Abubakar Garba Hamza It means another way and means of exploiting and dominating the ordinary Nigerians
CJ Stanley It means 100 more years slavery, killings, looting, and mire death
Adenmosun Kehinde Olusola It's Means A Tottal Control Of Own Resource And Make A Law That Will Improve The Security Level And Protect Life And Property.
Uchenna Jude Chijioke Do you restructure where there's no structure?
Nnamdi Chukwuezi It means nothing to me what wil wnt is biafra
Aliyu Aminu It means nonsense

Tunde Salam Tunde Lets start by restructuring ourselves by seeking a sincere repentance of all our past sins both muslim and christian b4 our creator..our sins contributed woes to our nation's progress! let all tribes and religious unite for the common front: to love the country,to work together in rebulding the country and strife for its permanent development.

Last edited:
To me, restructuring through devolution of power and resources is best way to go.

For me restructuring simply means grow and develop at your own speedy. I don't have to wait for the last child or the last man to come before I can move. If you can develop an air craft, you don't need federal government to consider your tribe before supporting or licensing you as it is the case today

Back