Politics What ex Jigawa Gov Lamido Said That Got Him Arrested by Kano Police

L

LequteMan

The Kano state police has revealed its reason for arresting the former governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido.

Police spokesperson, Samba Sokoto, said Mr. Lamido was arrested for making statements capable of inciting violence.

This is contrary to Section 114 of the penal code, he said and added that investigations are ongoing. He said Mr. Lamido would be charged to court at the end of the investigations.

According to him, the investigation was triggered by a petition received on April 27 from the Jigawa State government against the former governor, who was accused of asking his supporters to resort to violence if the July 1 local government elections did not go their way.

The original petition was sent by Ikenna Ekpunobim, counsel to Governor Abubakar Badaru of Jigawa. He translated, from Hausa, the statements allegedly made by Mr. Lamido at a PDP meeting in Dutse, Jigawa State.

“Before the election I will make every one of you swear with his life to protect our cause. No matter what, I will not listen to you for complaining. All I want is to come for your bail in the police station breaking another person’s head or you fought someone because the administration belongs to mad people,” Lamido allegedly said.

Attachments

• sule lamido.jpg
    sule lamido.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 19
Back