Metro What Happened The Night Abuja Undergraduate Visited Alhaji - Cook

kemi

Social Member
Victoria Ezekiel, 19-year-old cook to Alhaji Adamu who was accused of killing Joy Odama, has explained events that led to the death of the undergraduate.

abuja undergraduate.PNG

Joy in an interview with Punch also revealed other women Alhaji has slept with.

She explained what happened the night Joy visited.

‘On December 20, when I was in the kitchen, I felt dizzy and I fell down. I later called Alhaji on the phone that I wasn’t feeling well and wanted to go home. He offered to take me to the hospital. I waited for him till 8pm but he didn’t show up. I normally close by 7pm. He took me to the Federal Staff hospital, Jabi. The doctor examined me and said I had malaria. I was given a form which Joy (Odama) helped me to fill. When we returned home, Alhaji said it was late and that I should sleep over. Joy, Nurse Gift, a girl we call ‘small Gift’ and I went to bed. In the midnight, I wanted to urinate and I saw Joy lying down beside me.

‘In the morning, I couldn’t stand up. I could only hear noise in the apartment. They rushed me to the hospital, gave me drip and I felt better. It was later I heard that Joy died and I was asking what happened to her. The doctor was also surprised. He asked me if it was the girl that filled my form the night before. We were waiting for Alhaji to come and settle the bill but he didn’t show up till 6pm.

‘Alhaji came to take me home and I also called my sister to come to his place to pick me. Because my legs were swollen, I couldn’t walk, so she came with a cab and took me home. It was sometimes in January, 2017 when Alhaji called me on the phone and said they had buried Joy and that he gave her mother N200,000. He was telling me stupid things before he inquired about my health. He later told me that I would need to make a statement. I went to his house and we went to Karmo Police Station and a policeman said that I should mention Alhaji’s neighbour who lived upstairs as the person that locked the generator door. I told him I didn’t know the person, and besides, I was sick then and why should I lie against the man? Alhaji hit me on the back and called me a fool in Hausa.

When I got home, I informed my mother about what they asked me to say at the police station.

Victoria also said that many girls used to visit Alhaji for sex.

‘They were Nurse Gift and small Gift, Martha and Joy. Many girls used to come there.They come for sex with him. He gives them money after sleeping with them. They would enter his bedroom and lock the door. There was a certain day he asked me to boil water for him so he could take his bath. I mistakenly opened the door and he was sucking their private parts. All the girls were all naked including him. Some married men always come too. Sometimes, he shares bags of rice to them.

Back