Politics What I Did to Win Bayelsa Gov Elections - Seriake Dickson

L

LequteMan

Bayelsa's governor-elect, Seriake Dickson, in an interview published by the Tribune, explained how he emerged victorious in the recent governorship elections in the state.

"For anyone seeking elective office, you must go to your people. Power comes from God and the people. In the election, of course, most of you know that I and my team spent almost six weeks campaigning in a way and in a manner never before done in the politics of Bayelsa.

"And the governorship politics of Bayelsa can never be the same again after now because again, we have raised the bar in terms of interacting and communicating and engaging the people. We prepared and educated them for all that eventually later came.

"So, we visited community after community, as against the former practice of a candidate just making peripheral appearance in a Senatorial district in a local government two, three days for governorship campaigns in Bayelsa. Those days are over. But, this one was very penetrating, engaging and I was able to connect with the people and I had the people on my side.

"If elections are conducted 100 times, I will win 100 times, unit after unit, ward after ward, community after community, local government after local government. We prepared the state for elections, and I was saying while we were campaigning that the other side was not campaigning.

"They were not preparing for election. They were using their control of their party at the centre as a basis for compromising security and distorting and compromising the general security and law and order in the state.

Gov. Dickson defeated APC's Timipre Sylva after a rerun in the South Ijaw LGA.

Attachments

• seriake dickson4.jpg
    seriake dickson4.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 29
Is this the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth :) [USERGROUP=15]@News Hub Team[/USERGROUP] [USERGROUP=16]@Panel[/USERGROUP]

Let us nor forget Kano-gate, katsina-gate and others too numerous to mention :)
I do not know what happened in those places... Moreover, I have never heard them lie about how they 'raised the bar in terms of interacting and communicating and engaging the people' :D

I do not know what happened in those places... Moreover, I have never heard them lie about how they 'raised the bar in terms of interacting and communicating and engaging the people' :D
But there are allegations of mass underage voting. Best to leave this :)

Back