Politics What My Mother Told Me Immediately After My Inauguration – Governor Ajimobi

P

PressRoom

Executive governor of Oyo state, Isiaka Abiola Ajimobi, has winded down to the strong support and prayers of his late mother, Alhaja Dhkirat Ajimobi, before he became the governor of the state, after several trials.

Ajimobi, eulogising the fifth year remembrance of his matriach with dignitaries and well-wishers that converged on the Government House, Agodi, Ibadan, said his mother died in 2012 at the age of 85, barely one year after he took the oath of office as the number one citizen of the state.

Ajimobi said, “My mother was always wishing and praying that I actualize my dream of becoming Oyo State governor despite her strong aversion to political violence that was widespread during the 2007 general election.

upload_2017-7-19_7-45-42.png

“She would tell me to leave everything to God and be extra careful. Even after the 2007 governorship election, she was giving me psychological support until I won the 2011 contest.

“She was a proud and happy mother on the day of my inauguration, which God gave her the privilege to witness. On our way home, she said ‘today I’m so happy as this is the height of joy for me. If death comes tomorrow, I’m ready.’ But God, in His infinite mercy, gave her one extra year.”

Source: InsideOyo

Back