Sports What people think about NFF's decision to sack Stephen Keshi

Mixed reactions have continued to trail the sacking of Stephen Keshi as the coach of the Super Eagles.

Early on Thursday morning,the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF)decided to lay off Keshi and his assistants as coach of the Super Eagles.

The News Agency of Nigeria(NAN) spoke to so many football stakeholders in the country, seeking their opinions of what they make of Keshi's sack.

Joseph Dosu, a former Super Eagles player, said that the NFF surprised everyone with the decision.

“I think the news of Keshi’s sack took everyone unawares; I also thought he would be left alone after yesterday’s match but the committee know what’s best for Nigerian football.

“I wish the new coaches well and they must ensure they qualify for the nations cup,’’ Dosu said.
Former chairman of the NFF , Ibrahim Galadinma said the board had made a decision they felt was best and should be treated as such.

“I cannot say whether it was a good or bad decision, but I believe they are working for the greater good of Nigerian football,’’ he said.

Folorunsho Okenla, a football analyst told NAN that he believed the decision was in the best interest of the country.

“It’s obvious that the Eagles in recent outings didn’t perform well, especially the ongoing Nations Cup qualifiers.

“I think it is a good development that will help to correct Keshi’s mistake,’’ he stressed.

Ndubuisi Nduka, a former Head Coach of Heartland FC of Owerri, said that the sack Keshi, had been long overdue going by his disposition lately.

Nduka said that hiring and firing was synonymous with coaching.

“He had been in constant fight with some players whom he tagged disloyal.

“Great players all over the world are known to be pompous, so, it is the duty of the coach to bend such character to his own advantage,” Nduka said.

According to him, Keshi failed to separate his personal interest from national interest.

He said that it was because of his personal interest as against national interest that made him not to invite better players to the team.

rsz_keshi_1 (1).jpg

Back