Politics What Saraki Said About Osinbajo's Acting President/Coordinator Controversy

L

LequteMan

The Nigeria Senate yesterday received a letter from President Muhammadu Buhari notifying the house of his departure to the UK, leaving Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to "coordinate" the affairs of government.

The letter was immediately objected to by Senator Mao Ohuabunwa. Senate Leader Ahmed Lawan, countered, saying it was an insignificant portion of the letter.

Senate President Bukola Saraki then agreed with Lawan that Section 145 quoted in the presidential letter is unambiguous.

He said the Senate should always be guided by the provisions of the Constitution in carrying out its legislative functions.

“I think it is a very clear issue and what we should be guided by is the Constitution.

“I think that it is clear, the letter has referred to the Constitution and there is no ambiguity in the Constitution.

“So, I don’t think there is any issue there. Let me rule you out of order Senator Mao.”

The letter, when read at the House of Representatives, did not draw any controversy.

Attachments

• saraki o.jpg
    saraki o.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 16
The authority has been given to Prof. Osibanjo to as Acting president and his work is to coordinate the affairs of Nigeria.. So is the same thing.

Back