Sports Why Diego Costa Drinks Beer After Chelsea Matches - Conte [PHOTOS]

kemi

Social Member
Chelsea striker, Diego Costa posted a video showing him with a beer after Chelsea's recent 1-0 win over West Brom at Stamford Bridge, and Antonio Conte has explained why he allows his players to enjoy a drink.

costa conte 2.PNG

The Spain international is leading the Premier League's goal scoring charts, with 12 efforts to his name, after hitting a late winner on Sunday to claim all three points.

Conte imposes strict diets on his players during the week, but hasn't banned alcohol and doesn't mind if his players have the occasional drink as long as they are sensible. He went on to explain why his striker sometimes has a beer after games.

“[It is good] for rehydration, you can drink Coca-Cola or one beer," he said at a news conference at Cobham Training Centre. "It's good for recovery. But one. Not a lot. It's good. After you finish the game, quickly, not an hour after the end.

"I have great professionals in my players. In this case, I don't think a coach or a manager can say: 'Do this' or 'Don't do this'. I have great professionals and I know they will have the better attitude and behaviours in this situation."

See photos he posted below:

costa beer 1.PNG

costa beer 2.PNG

Back