Metro "Why Fulani Herdsmen Burnt My Farm" – Olu Falae Reveals

M

mrsam

Chief Olu Falae, former Secretary to the Government of the Federation on Sunday explained why arsonists suspected to be Fulani herdsmen burnt his farmland at Imafon in Akure South Local government area of Ondo state

The retired top civil servant said such deliberate setting of farms on fire is done by herdsmen every year so that they can get food for their cattle.

He said, “They burnt the farm so that in the next few days, fresh grass will spring up which their cattle will later feed on. This is what the Fulani herdsmen do every year. The oil palm plantation was affected as well as some parts of the yam and cassava plantations”

“As I speak to you, the farm is burning. I had to call the commissioner of police, Gbenga Adeyanju who detailed the Akure Area Commander to go with my Personal Assistant and Farm Manager to the farm.” Falae said.

Falae also said Federal Government’s bid to establish cattle colonies would not be allowed in the South west.

” This is not about politics but the future of our people. We will resist any attempt to introduce any cattle colonies”

falae.jpg

Back