P

ProfRem

Dino Melaye representing Kogi West Senatorial District has claimed that Governor Yahaya Bello wanted him dead over his stand on the plight of the state workers and Pensioners.

Melaye stated this on Saturday when hundreds of Kogi Women trooped to the street of Aiyetoro – Gbede, protesting over his assassination attempt.

Senator Dino alleged that the reason why Kogi State governor, Yahaya Bello wanted him dead was because of his stand on the plight of the state workers and Pensioners.

He noted that workers and pensioners in the state are dying and suffering following the refusal of the governor to pay salary and pensions in the last 15 months, “Yahaya Bello collected N20 billion naira from federal government as bail out fund, still he refused to settle workers”.

Dino and bello.JPG

He also alleged that he collected N11 billion naira from Paris refund money, still he refused to pay workers and pensioners.

“Children can no longer go to school, tenants can no longer pay for house rent, enough is enough the people of Kogi State are tired of this government. I will continue to speak the truth for the sake of my people.

No amount of intimidation will stop me from fighting for the course of my people.”

Dino who expressed deep shock over the assassination attempt on his life described the situation as unfortunate, regrettable, highly disturbing and very strange to the socio-political-culture of the people of Kogi West.

Back