Sports Why Guardiola is Keeping Iheanacho on Man City Bench - Agent

kemi

Social Member
Super Eagles forward, Kelechi Iheanacho, will leave Manchester City this summer in search of regular football, his agent Olumide Olowu has said.

iheanacho guardiola.jpg

The agent also hinted that the talented forward is been kept on bench due to his manager’s preference as against his ability.

Iheanacho has dropped down Pep Guardiola’s pecking order at the Etihad, with Sergio Aguero and Gabriel Jesus preferred as the lone frontman by the Spaniard.

Olowu, who also represents Arsenal’s on-loan Nigerian teenage striker, Kelechi Nwakali, revealed that the player is not happy and will be seeking to join a new club when the season ends.

“Iheancho needs to leave Manchester City and he will find a better place to continue his younger career,” Olumide told Completesportsnigeria.com.‎

“Guardiola seems to have his own players that he wants to play and you can’t expect a young player with huge potentials to be wasting away on the bench.”

Olowu insisted Iheanacho is leaving because Guardiola did not give him a chance to prove his worth and not because he can’t compete with Gabriel Jesus or Aguero.

“Kelechi(Iheanacho) had already shown his quality before Manchester City signed Gabriel Jesus, he had already proven himself.

“I’m not speaking for Iheanacho, but as someone who is involved in advising him, I don’t think he has been treated fairly by Guardiola and I think his career will be better elsewhere.

“For whatever reason, he has not been given the opportunity to continue his progress at City,” he added.

Back