P

ProfRem

A former governor of Abia State, Dr Orji Uzor Kalu, on Wednesday announced his decision to defect to the governing All Progressives Congress (APC) from the Progressive Peoples Alliance (PPA) which he founded.

Kalu, at the APC national secretariat in Abuja, said he joined to rebrand the APC in line with the decision of his mother and other family members.

He pledged to deliver the Southeast geopolitical zone to the party together with other stakeholders in the region during the 2019 general elections.

orjii.jpg

“It is important to go along family line to be able to rebrand Nigeria very well. I am back to join where my family is. Nobody can say that the APC will not go beyond 2019; Nigerians should change this behaviour that every four years when there is presidential election, people would want to change parties. APC has come to stay. In my opinion, I know that the party has come to stay, but if it is going, I will go with them where ever they are going.

“I am not going to run for any office for now. I am going to be a very good party man. But if the party finds me worthy to do anything, I will do it,” he said.

Back