Politics Why I Didn't Attend Bello's Inauguration as Kogi Gov - James Faleke

L

LequteMan

The running mate to Abubakar Audu, the late APC Kogi governorship candidate, James Faleke, yesterday said he was not invited to the swearing-in of Mr Yahaya Bello as governor.

In an interview with Channels TV, Faleke said he would not accept the position of deputy governor of the state.

“I am speaking before Nigerians and I am making it very clear that nobody reached out to me. Nobody from our party’s national secretariat or the state secretariat of our party ever reached out to me on this issue.

“The only time they every reached out to me was on November 30… when the chairman of our party announced the decision of the National Working Committee to all of us to say the NWC had adopted Alhaji Yahaya Bello as the governorship candidate for the December 5 suplementary election.

“Thereafter, there was no consultation until today. I want to make it clear that the party chairman, Chief John Oyegun, that we saw as a father has decided to champion a cause that is anti-people. That is why we were not invited (for the inauguration).”

Attachments

• james faleke2.jpg
    james faleke2.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Back